Need a little pick-me-up today? You’d be surprised by what people say makes them the happiest in life. Enjoying life is all about the simple pleasures – those everyday occurrences. Take a moment to think about some of these everyday things and how they can put a smile on your face!
1. Sleeping In — Isn’t it nice knowing you don’t have to set an alarm on Friday night? It’s even better waking up whenever you please on Saturday morning (or afternoon).
2. That post workout feeling — It’s a scientifically proven fact. EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) is a real thing, people! You do something amazing for your body and it rewards you in return. You’ll have a nice, fresh glow after a morning workout, and your body will continue to burn calories throughout the whole day!
3. Crossing things off of a to-do list — Having an actual paper list and pen in-hand to physically cross an item out is what makes this so appealing. Sometimes all you need is to feel that sense of accomplishment.
4. Spending time outside — Soak up some sunshine! You’ll get a healthy dose of vitamin D, which everyone needs. Spending time outdoors is just good for you, overall.
5. Puppies — Or just baby animals, in general. They’re all so fluffy and adorable. You can’t help but smile when you see one. 🙂
6. Getting into bed with fresh sheets! — Who doesn’t love that? It’s the end of a long day, you take that deep exhale and go into full-on relaxation mode. And to top it off, in a clean bed! Rest easy and bask in the glory of your productive-ness. Doesn’t get much better than that.
7. Watching a beautiful sunset — Take a few minutes to sit outside one evening right as the sun sets. Let your mind wander, or let it be completely silent and at peace. A simple reminder of our beautiful planet is all we need sometimes.
8. The smell of freshly baked cookies — Or really, freshly baked anything! Whether you’re coming home to your mom’s famous cookie recipe or walking into a cute little bakery, the smell of baked goods is hard to top.
9. When your favorite song comes on the radio — Taylor Swift, anyone? Bonus points if it ends right as you park your car.
The universe just gets you sometimes.
10. A good book — Take a break from reality! Getting lost in someone else’s thoughts and a good storyline is always nice.
Dr. Collins is headed to Tanzania! After providing dental care in India for the past several years, he has decided to take his work...
We recently sat down with Dr. Scott Franklin for a chat about his career and motivations. We thought you would enjoy his answers: 1....