Need a little pick-me-up today? You’d be surprised by what people say makes them the happiest in life. Enjoying life is all about the simple pleasures – those everyday occurrences. Take a moment to think about some of these everyday things and how they can put a smile on your face!
1. Sleeping In — Isn’t it nice knowing you don’t have to set an alarm on Friday night? It’s even better waking up whenever you please on Saturday morning (or afternoon).
2. That post workout feeling — It’s a scientifically proven fact. EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) is a real thing, people! You do something amazing for your body and it rewards you in return. You’ll have a nice, fresh glow after a morning workout, and your body will continue to burn calories throughout the whole day!
3. Crossing things off of a to-do list — Having an actual paper list and pen in-hand to physically cross an item out is what makes this so appealing. Sometimes all you need is to feel that sense of accomplishment.
4. Spending time outside — Soak up some sunshine! You’ll get a healthy dose of vitamin D, which everyone needs. Spending time outdoors is just good for you, overall.
5. Puppies — Or just baby animals, in general. They’re all so fluffy and adorable. You can’t help but smile when you see one. 🙂
6. Getting into bed with fresh sheets! — Who doesn’t love that? It’s the end of a long day, you take that deep exhale and go into full-on relaxation mode. And to top it off, in a clean bed! Rest easy and bask in the glory of your productive-ness. Doesn’t get much better than that.
7. Watching a beautiful sunset — Take a few minutes to sit outside one evening right as the sun sets. Let your mind wander, or let it be completely silent and at peace. A simple reminder of our beautiful planet is all we need sometimes.
8. The smell of freshly baked cookies — Or really, freshly baked anything! Whether you’re coming home to your mom’s famous cookie recipe or walking into a cute little bakery, the smell of baked goods is hard to top.
9. When your favorite song comes on the radio — Taylor Swift, anyone? Bonus points if it ends right as you park your car.
The universe just gets you sometimes.
10. A good book — Take a break from reality! Getting lost in someone else’s thoughts and a good storyline is always nice.
For most children, October means one thing: Halloween candy. For orthodontists, it’s a month for embracing a beautiful, healthy smile in honor of National...
We recently sat down with Dr. Scott Franklin for a chat about his career and motivations. We thought you would enjoy his answers: 1....